Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bank Fraud

I asked many a legal minds, "What is fraud?" The answers are not always the same depending on whom you ask the question. So I depended on the good old fashion dictionary to explain to me what is fraud.

Fraud “Deceitful conduct designed to manipulate another person to give something of value by,

(1) lying,

(2) by repeating something that is or ought to have been known by the fraudulent party as false or suspect or

(3) by concealing a fact from the other party which may have saved that party from being cheated.


Middle English fraude, from Middle French, from Latin fraud-, fraus

1.a: DECEIT, TRICKERY; specifically: intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right

b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting: TRICK

2 a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be: IMPOSTOR; also: one who defrauds: CHEAT
b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to be.
Synonym see DECEPTION, IMPOSTURE
Fraud includes any intentional or deliberate act to deprive another of property or money by guile, deception or other unfair means. A material false statement is made and or:

The knowledge of its falsity from the onset was known by one party and not revealed to the second party. If another is reliant on the false statement and it is to their detriment.

So I asked all the legal authorities I could inquire of, "What is fraud?" "Is not making up document additions to the altering of original documents fraud?" Or is it just, "Standard banking practices" as stated by the bank's attorney? I mean how can a banker get your signature on a piece of paper then change and alter it after they have a copy of your signature? Without your knowledge that is what they were doing. Until they have already tried to crush you have not a clue what has been going on. Sure seems like fraud to me. From all the research I could find on laws and such making up any alterations to change documents is also counterfeiting. When question about the document added to a UCC filing claiming land I had never owned. The one banker fully admitted in court well someone at the bank did that but it wasn't me. When it came to all the settlement vouchers that the bank turns into SBA. He fully admitted the bank made these up from blank sheets with merely my signature on them. But, he didn't do it. The whole idea behind the scam the bank pulls on collecting guaranteed loans is get all you can then let the American people foot the bill. If the poor soul they have convinced they would support into a new business adventure does not go along with their scam to defraud the government program. Well that is what I think the "Gourmet Grinder" is for. One attorney told me it is their "scorched earth policy". If you can try to make the fire hot enough most will flee and not fight the fire I guess. I also figured hey if they did that to me they are doing it to others also. I have heard some of the oddest statements over the last 4 years.

I loved the sites where people get to post their major complaints about Wells Fargo. Like the one that was called "Wells Fargo Sux". I don't know what happened to that site. Like if the owner sold out to Wells Fargo or what. Then there is this guy in Japan called "G-Man". He has a great post site for poor innocents that have been trash and thrashed by Wells Fargo. G-Man also got job offers apparently from someone at Wells Fargo. One guy claiming to be a Wells Fargo employee rambled on about how stupid people deserve what they get. Like if you do not go along with being shafted or help shaft someone else you are just stupid.

It seems lately Wells Fargo is winning with all their blog posts and sites to cover up those little soldiers willing to tell the world what has happened to them as customers of this beast. It also seemed like no matter how hard I tried I could not get away from having to deal with them in some manner. Like I took this yucky job last winter just to survive. I got my little paycheck of 0 for the first week. Wouldn't you know it! My paycheck was a Wells Fargo check I was utterly livid for about 5 minutes. My stomach turned and I wanted to puke. Well I needed a few things so I went to the nearest Wells Fargo bank. Guess what? They charged five bucks to cash a check with their bank because that is where the business owner banked. I did a lot of growling. It used to be banks could not do that. If a check was written for on the bank and you cashed the check at that bank at they are suppose to honor it "NO CHARGE!!" The teller had the nastiest attitude I have ever encountered in a bank. He was younger than my own son and I would have loved to wipe that smirk off his face. I wondered if he was one like the one who claimed stupid people deserve to have their money taken away by Wells Fargo. Within a minute or so my blood pressure went down to normal. I asked him for a receipt. He refused to give me one. I said, "Look you just took five dollars away from me and you are claiming it is your service fee. Now give me a receipt." No I was not very polite or well mannered at that point. It is hard to be polite when someone is ripping you off. Even harder when they cost you millions of dollars, took away every viable means of support you may have had (including what your husband owned) and you are now making $79.00 per week and they take five of it. I told the teller I was not leaving without a receipt for the five dollars he took. He claimed he had no way to make one up. I said, "Well have you got a piece of paper and a pen?" Just write out a receipt I don't care what it looks like. Finally I prevailed and got a receipt and I made sure he signed it too. All be it he signed it, grudgingly I might add.

No comments: